Whether you’re making improvements for the upcoming holidays, or you’re simply seeking out some inspiration to get started, there are plenty of updates you can make that will improve both the style and functionality of your home’s kitchen. It is likely that you spend a bulk of your time in the kitchen, between cooking, eating, and entertaining. Today, we at Straight Up Remodeling would like to suggest a few simple updates that makes a big difference with your kitchen remodeling project.
Kitchen Remodel Must Haves
1) Kitchen Appliance Update. While new appliances can add both style and functionality to your kitchen a kitchen with outdated appliances can be a major headache. Consider energy efficient, state-of-the-art dishwashers, refrigerators, or a new cooking range. A new sink and modern-tech faucets can be a real asset as well. Whether you are looking for a rustic and cozy or a modern and sleek feel, you can find premium appliances and fixtures to make the kitchen dynamics smoother.
2) Revive Outdated Cabinets. Changing up this one element can make a big difference in the look and functionality of the space since cabinets typically make up a large portion of a kitchen. You do not necessarily need to replace the cabinets either. Create a new look by refinishing, repainting, or having the hardware replaced. If you do replace the cabinets, consider adding bells and whistle with open shelving, or cabinets with roll out drawers for easy access. The possibilities are endless.
3) Replace Kitchen Surfaces. Refresh your entire kitchen by updating surfaces like the backsplash behind your stove and countertops or replacing the countertops themselves. A great focal point can be a colorful backsplash with a unique design for example. Consider what’s most important to you choosing your material for the countertops. Whether you prefer function over style, or want to minimize maintenance demands, the selections can be what is important.
4) Implement a Kitchen Island. Adding in an island is a great option for additional surface and storage space, if there is enough space in the kitchen. To create additional dining space, you can set stools around it. To accommodate additional appliances, you can have a number of outlets, or you can have a sink installed to create another food prep station.
5) Improve Kitchen Lighting. A well-lit kitchen can bring out specific design elements in addition to providing light for the kitchen use. Recessed lights make for an effective solution if you don’t have a lot of space to spare. Banish any countertop shadows with under cabinet lighting can also make for great task lighting.
Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling & More in Bremerton, Bainbridge Island, Silverdale, Port Orchard, Shelton, Belfair & Allyn, WA | Kitsap County, Mason County & Gig Harbor, Washington
Also, consider installing a ceiling fan light for improved air flow if space permits. Placing pendant lights or a chandelier over a kitchen island can help create a welcoming focal point. Make the switch to LED lighting to save on energy. According to Energy.gov, LED lights last 25 times longer than traditional incandescent lighting and residential LED lighting has the potential to use up to 75% less energy. When it comes to your kitchen remodeling project in Greater Port Orchard, WA and surrounding areas, call in the experts of Straight Up Remodeling and let our professionals help you get the kitchen of your dreams.