Whenever you are getting ready for a big remodeling project like a kitchen remodel, it can leave homeowners wondering how long their lives are going to be turned upside down. When you’re remodeling your kitchen, it can disrupt your life more than any other type of remodeling project because it is right in the heart of your home. Many people don’t realize how much they rely on their kitchen until they tear it up to make it better. Straight Up Remodeling is here to talk about what the timeline looks like for a kitchen remodel, and how long you can expect it to take from beginning to end.
What is the Average Time for a Kitchen Remodel?
If you’re getting ready to remodel your kitchen, it can be exciting. You will also want to know how long this will take too. For most people, you can expect a full-blown kitchen remodel to take anywhere between 6-12 weeks to complete. The number has a wide range because it will depend on what your plans are for the remodel. Here are some things that can impact your timeline.
– Scope of Project: If you’re planning on changing everything up in your kitchen, it is going to take much longer than someone that is wanting to give their kitchen a facelift. If you’re moving electrical and plumbing to completely change the kitchen, it can take several months to complete.
– Availability of Materials: In the world that we are currently living in, there may be some materials that are on backorder. This can put delays on your remodel. A big problem right now is the delay in getting appliances.
– Complications: In many remodeling projects, there are complications that come up when you open up walls. You need to understand that when complications arise, you might see a small delay in the project.
How Can I Speed Up My Kitchen Remodel?
There are a few things that you can do as the homeowner to speed up your kitchen remodel.
– Shop for appliances early because they are hard to get right now. The sooner you choose them and get them ordered, the better.
– Draw up your project so you can see what it will look like. This is always best done with the contractor that will be handling your remodel.
– Set up a temporary kitchen space that will help you cope with not having complete access to your kitchen during your remodel. Make some plans to eat out and have some meals already prepared so they are easy to make and eat.
Kitchen & Bathroom Remodeling & More in Bremerton, Silverdale, Poulsbo, Bethel, Port Orchard, Key Peninsula, Gig Harbor & Belfair, WA | Kitsap County, Mason County & Gig Harbor, Washington
If you are ready to remodel your kitchen, you can turn to Straight Up Remodeling to help you get the kitchen you’re dreaming of. Our team of highly trained contractors will work hand in hand with homeowners as we make their vision for their kitchen a reality. Call us today!